Trying to Meet Some Folks

Got an extra seat in the boat? Got cash to pitch in on Gas? Want to swap a trip? This is the spot.
jslorenz3

Trying to Meet Some Folks

Post by jslorenz3 »

So I see that this part of the forum is not used very much. Maybe everyone on here already knows everyone? I don't personally know but only a few people on this forum, but I'd like to get to know some folks.
I'm part of the FSU Fishing Club. I know there are some fellow students out there, so maybe some of you will see this. We are always looking for new members to join and we welcome anyone who wants to come check us out.
This forum has really helped me a lot fishing from Tallahassee. I have a 16' flats boat for the summer, so I'm trying to use it as much as possible while I have her.
Thinking about going out tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to go or ever needs to fill a spot or is looking for someone to help out with the gas or ice, let me know. I'd like to meet some people.
Thanks BBF
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
FishWithChris

Re: Trying to Meet Some Folks

Post by FishWithChris »

Welcome!!! Glad to see you posted up - make sure to check out North Florida Gulf Fishing Club, NFGFC.org - BBF and it aren't directly affiliated, but there's a lot of club members that post here, and BBF members that don't fish in the club (good mix!)

A great place to start (besides here) is coming out to our (NFGFC) meetings that occur the Thursday of every month at Beef O'Brady's on Thomasville Road in the back room. Great information, fellowship, some awesome guest speakers, and always exciting raffle prizes!!! (I've won two Falcon rods this year, if that's any indication)

Any questions, never hesitate to ask! (but never forget to search either! ;) )

Tight Lines! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

I'm moving down in June. NFGFC is where I plan to try and meet folks. :thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

I've been to one meeting, but havent been able to make it back. I remember a young guy winning a falcon rod while I was there. Maybe thats you galantnole?
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELCOME TO THE MADNESS OF THIS FORUM, DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU SEE HERE, INCLUDING PICTURES.
PA
SEMPER FI :smt006 salute1 salute2 salute3
FUTCHCAIRO
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Welcome Aboard jslorenz3 :smt006
New friends/fishermen and fisherwomen are always welcome here :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Yup, probably me. I'm usually at the table with Jeff, George, Russ, Jimmy, and a few others. (I'm Chris)
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Welcome
Team Jolly Mon
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

I think PA might have some of the best advice on here
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
nuttyp123

Post by nuttyp123 »

Is the FSU Fishing Club open to faculty tagging along? As long as we don't talk about work?