Shell Point fishing help

Got an extra seat in the boat? Got cash to pitch in on Gas? Want to swap a trip? This is the spot.
Hiljun

Shell Point fishing help

Post by Hiljun »

I have a house at Shell Point for the winter and need someone to fish with. I have a boat and a privet dock all I am lacking is knowledge of the area. I can go 4 days a week so if your interested let me know. We move in Nov. 16th. I am 33 married and have kids.
Thanks
Joe
fishfalcon

Re: Shell Point fishing help

Post by fishfalcon »

There are several captains who are based in that area who are on this website. (I am not one of them.) A day with them might be a very valuable experience. I fish in that area quite a bit, but mostly fish in the summertime. You need a good map of the area and to pay attention to your depth finder. You must stay between the channel markers especially if you are off one of the canals. When you come in towards the canals, you have to hug either the left side or the right side of the shoreline. If you go straight down the middle, you will end up stranded on the oyster bar which is a bad thing with wintertime low tides. On the bright side, we wore out the spanish this weekend fishing east of the Shell Point tripods. I was going to run out to a spot, but working birds and surface activity called for a change of plans. Caught fish on spoons gotchas, live baits, gulp, and crankbaits. They were eating tiny <1 inch glass minnows. Hope this helps. see you on the water.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

33,married with kids and able to fish 4 days a week? You must be living right. That is one of my favorite areas to fish. I'd be able to show you around a little. With Google earth and some low tide recon you will know the area in no time. Welcome and good luck.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You watch the kids,I will show your wife where to fish.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

Jump trout 51 He would like that I think. :lol:

I have been looking at google maps lately and fished from the bank last year in the area just not from the boat. I did fish at St. Marks and bottoms road from the boat and know the water gets quit thin in spots.
Thanks for the replies and no my wife is not a dude.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

I could show you around a bit, be careful of tides and bars around there! Mind the channel markers especially if you go back towards Spring Creek. It's a maze.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the post. What a generous offer!

I wish you were closer to where my 75 year old brother lives. This would be a wonderful opportunity for him and you. He is an excellent fisherman and can out fish most young people. The four days fishing a week would be just what he would want!

Good luck on finding the right person.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

I'd like to fish with you. I know the area and have fished Shell Point and Oyster Bay since 1969
I don't do charters any more and have retired. But I still fish, so let's go.

Give me a call...8931050

Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

CAPTAIN CHARLIE wrote:I'd like to fish with you. I know the area and have fished Shell Point and Oyster Bay since 1969
I don't do charters any more and have retired. But I still fish, so let's go.

Give me a call...8931050

Charlie
Hot diggidy Dog! "By George", I think you have found your man!

Act on it and post some reports. I love reading fishing reports and seeing all those pretty pictures.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

I will definitely be giving the Captain a call when I get in town and post pics. Counting the days till I get off this mud coast in Texas. 3 incase your wondering.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Google maps will be your best friend. I take it you have a smart phone...? I Phone or Android. There is good cell service down there, you can open up google maps on your phone and use it to navigate the oyster bars.