Three for the 20th?

Got an extra seat in the boat? Got cash to pitch in on Gas? Want to swap a trip? This is the spot.
Mo Redd

Three for the 20th?

Post by Mo Redd »

I have three able bodies who will be ready to fish offshore next Monday the 20th of June. I'd like to get into some big fish, maybe tarpon, cobia, kings, dolphin, etc., but I don't know how realistic that is, and it will also depend on this crazy, Panhandle weather cooperating. I'm an older guy, but my two sons are in their 30's and are both strong enough to help me out if I can't finish a fight (particularly with amberjack). Our end of it moneywise would be $500 if it's a charter boat or buying all the gas and bait if it's non-commercial. We can meet at any hour at any place from Steinhatchee to Apalachicola on that day.

Later...we ended up going back to Crystal River where we fished two years ago during the winter. The fishing was good for smaller fish (snapper, grouper, and grunts primarily). I think next time I may research the possibilities out of Destin as I've read that deep water and the presence of bigger bottom fish and pelagics are closer to shore there. Anywhere else the charters priced me out at over $1000 for an over-50 mile trip.