Looking for a ride!

Got an extra seat in the boat? Got cash to pitch in on Gas? Want to swap a trip? This is the spot.
kjgentry1979

Looking for a ride!

Post by kjgentry1979 »

Myself, my wife and a good friend are looking for a ride offshore!We are staying at a rental on St George Island the week of 5/13 thru 5/20/18. We are willing to help with bait, gas for the boat and your vehicle. We have our own gear. We are inshore kayak fishermen/woman. but i have a feeling we are going to be blown out from going out in the kayaks off the beach this year. Willing to travel to where ever you want to put in at. Mid 30s couple and friend is early 30s. Tennessee residents but love to be on the ocean.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a ride!

Post by Scoop Sea »

You may have better success if you offer to pay for all of the gas, bait, oil, ice, and beverages. I was in another part of the States last month for work and wanted to fish offshore but I didn't have a boat with me and I wasn't interested in a head boat. As a boat owner, knowing the costs I have relative to buying my boat, insurance, upkeep, etc, I felt I would be lucky if someone would interrupt a trip for me and take up my offer. Fortunately for me they did, it ended up costing me about $250 in all, but I got to fish offshore about 8 hours, the boat owner and his friends gave me a tour of the local area afterwards and in the end, I met some great new friends. Ironically, we didn't catch a single fish, but that's why they call if fishing. I would do it over again in a second. Either way, I hope your successful in finding a taker. Good luck.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Larboy

Post by Larboy »

We might be able to work something out on Tuesday, 5/15. I have a Parker boat with 300hp Yamaha. Go out of Carrabelle Boat Club. My son has just moved to Texas so am looking for fishing partners during the week. Call 217-778-0042. Thanks, Larry
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Larboy wrote:We might be able to work something out on Tuesday, 5/15. I have a Parker boat with 300hp Yamaha. Go out of Carrabelle Boat Club. My son has just moved to Texas so am looking for fishing partners during the week. Call 217-778-0042. Thanks, Larry
I'll be running my trawler out of st marks but it's a big boat and probably not what you're looking for.

Head to the local bar/marina combo(thinking rock landing/mad anthony's in panacea), sit at the bar and have a good time. Most people hanging at those places are local and have boats.. Drop a hint or 2. Some people just want the company(like me) but the idea of a complete stanger on the internet...

I've seen it work many many times.. So it either works or i'm a drunk lol.
kjgentry1979

Post by kjgentry1979 »

Larboy wrote:We might be able to work something out on Tuesday, 5/15. I have a Parker boat with 300hp Yamaha. Go out of Carrabelle Boat Club. My son has just moved to Texas so am looking for fishing partners during the week. Call 217-778-0042. Thanks, Larry
Thanks Larry, but i know Tuesday i'm going to take the girls to "swim with the dolphins" over in PCB.