Looking for a ride for red snapper

Got an extra seat in the boat? Got cash to pitch in on Gas? Want to swap a trip? This is the spot.
StMarksAngler

Looking for a ride for red snapper

Post by StMarksAngler »

Well I've taken the boat out three times so far this season trying for red snapper. First time couldn't find them, two most recent times had engine trouble and couldn't get offshore. Now looks like the boat is going to be laid up for a while getting some work done. :smt010

I'd really like to get offshore and bring home a few reds before the season closes. I can fish any day of the week and will pay my share of expenses. I'm in Tallahassee but can travel to any ramp in the area. Please let me know if you might have a spot available!
geofish

Re: Looking for a ride for red snapper

Post by geofish »

I feel your pain. I had enough troubles out of my 20 year old motor that I finally gave in and am getting a repower as soon as Shields can get to it. If they get me back on the water in time for snapper season, and if weather and work schedules cooperate, I'll shoot you a PM and we'll go find those tasty beasts.
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Sounds great, appreciate it! Good luck with the repairs, hopefully they won't have you off the water for too long... What're you fishing out of? Where do you typically launch, from Shield's?
geofish

Post by geofish »

The boat is a Wahoo 21 foot center console with t-top. the new motor will be a 200 hp Zuki, 4-stroke, in-line four.
I used to trailer to Mashes Sands or the lighthouse, but now I'm keeping the boat at Shields. Longer run to offshore, but getting the boat in and out is so much easier and I don't miss messing with the trailer.
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Sounds good, just let me know! Would love to try and get out before it's too late. Cheers!
geofish

Post by geofish »

sent you a pm