Questions

North Florida Gulf Coast Fishing Club

Moderator: bman

Juan
Site Sponsor

Questions

Post by Juan »

I'd rather not open a new account with Venmo... Is PayPal an option for either membership and tournament registration?
Is attendance mandatory at any Captain's meetings prior to tournaments?
F.Y.I. The Waiver, Release and Assumption of Risk Terms and Conditions are for NFRS.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
mpa_72001

Re: Questions

Post by mpa_72001 »

Juan why not post this under that nfgfc post and I'm sure brian can explain the payment its lil confusing to me.the rules I believe were originally from the nfgfc also.theres also no captain meetings for the tournaments and the first tournament only we have signups the day of after that they will be due before tournament day.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I almost posted this in the other thread but thought that others might have questions too and they could post them here.
I was a member and fished a few tournaments years ago and thought I remembered a Captain's meeting at some place in Tally prior to each tournament. If that's still the case, I need to know if it's mandatory or if any info that would be given at that meeting will be posted here on the forum.
I'm not local and it's a 120 mile one way ride for me so meetings prior to tournaments aren't doable.
Is a Venmo account the only payment option for all future payments?
So for the tournament on the 6th of Feb, I can register for the tournament and pay membership fee at Shield's?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks Juan. captain’s meetings have never been mandatory for NFGFC. There used to be monthly meeting at Beef o’ Brady’s, but I think the days of grouping people into the back of a restaurant are gone in the Covid era.

We try to keep everything as simple as possible and make this family friendly. That was the intent of Stinson, Taylor and Simpson when they founded it. We like it that way and continue to encourage female and youth angler participation.

I’m not opposed to PayPal. Like you that was the payment account I had prior to this effort. I assume Venmo is actually a PayPal company since it shows up that way in the url. We went with Venmo b/c of the ability to transfer funds without fees. If there are a number of folks that strongly prefer PayPal, then we could link the NFGFC account to both.

We’ll rectify the waiver, but as mentioned I think I actually drafted several years ago. It really doesn’t matter who uses it, I’m just happy there are tournaments in 2021 and I think the Redfish series guys agree.

Look forward to seeing you on 2/6 if not prior.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Absolutely agree! We certainly wish the club at all the best and hope it is successful!!! We just want people out there enjoying the outdoors again!
We are grateful Stinson decided to take the reigns with it again as it’s a great club to be apart of.
We just had a different vision in mind and it was going to take a tournament series not a club to make it happen.
We will continue to support the club with sharing and liking on social media and hopefully between our series and our sons Bass tournaments we can make a few of the NFGFC tournaments.

We only wish them the best of luck and hope they flourish!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

As of this morning the chance of rain Saturday is 60%. :(
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Juan wrote: February 1st, 2021, 8:31 am As of this morning the chance of rain Saturday is 60%. :(
Fish are already wet. :-D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image