February 6, 2021 Tournament - St Marks

North Florida Gulf Coast Fishing Club

Moderator: bman

FishWithChris

Re: February 6, 2021 Tournament - St Marks

Post by FishWithChris »

mpa_72001 wrote:Chris someone must of left those scissors under the scale for using during a tournament possibly to cut the tail of fish weighed to prevent anyone from weighing the same fish twice.
Thats what I figured. Still funny when we realized it!

And as Showboat said, this is a really fun club to fish and trading stories and tips is how we get better. What's great is that the top 3 places all had VERY different presentations to the fish, so who knows what will work until you have a fish on the other end of the line. Great to see a lot of new faces.

Keaton is a great tournament and has a solid turnout as well.

And yes, go slow, find the rocks and bars, and bumper car your way to the fish :D

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

We launched from Shield's at 7:00am. Ran down the river and fished a few spots around the creek mouths that had produced 2 days earlier. Nothing. Went to another spot that yielded a few bars just under the surface and found a few decent trout between 16"-18". Water temp was decent at 62, so we decided to run into a creek near east river. I switched up from a Mirrordine to the trusty Redfin hoping to find a decent red in the creek. Caught 4 nice trout with the biggest right at 26".
20210206_113027.jpg

Never found a single elusive red, so we decided to take it to Riverside when the first storm rolled in from the west. Saw more rain coming in behind the first storm, so we just decided to call it a day with only having the 1 nice trout to weigh in. Released it back to fight another day. Knew I made the right decision when it also began to hail :o
We still had a great day even with the weather. Sorry we missed everybody at the weigh in, but we'll see you at Keaton next month.
Congrats to the winners and it's good to be back :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

A very nice turn-out for the first tournament. Some respectable fish despite challenging conditions. Hope to see you all in KB. Please call Hobbs if your points below don’t look accurate. Thanks
F44E5C4A-F688-4B40-856D-C8F038C06F1E.jpeg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

So how many drops do we get ? :smt005
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Chris as far as I know just one for the year.this one sure messed me up too with the motor issue .
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

mpa_72001 wrote: February 11th, 2021, 10:22 pm Chris as far as I know just one for the year.this one sure messed me up too with the motor issue .
Yeah I knew that, I was just poking fun at myself :smt004