NFGFC 2022 INFORMATION

North Florida Gulf Coast Fishing Club

Moderator: bman

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

NFGFC 2022 INFORMATION

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Happy New Year!

A new leader has taken the reigns of the NFGFC this year. Javan Fishburn has taken the role of President. Michael Aman and many other faces will remain the same. Like last year, I remain on the Board and will try to assist if I can, but I am not an officer. Michael and Javan are better resources if you have questions.

I will try to get Barry to make this post a "Sticky" so it remains easily accessible, but he may be tough to wrangle until February when he is no longer allowed to chase ducks.

Attached are the Membership Form, Tournament Entry Form, Tournament Rules and Schedule.

A couple bullets worth mentioning:
*tournament entry must be submitted prior to conclusion of the Thursday meeting (no exceptions-angler delay and technical difficulties are NOT club issues)
*February is red/trout vs trout limit
*No wade fishing
*forms can be submitted at NFGFCForms@gmail.com / the same email can be used to locate the Venmo account and submit $$$.

Hope everyone who participates has a safe, fun and pleasurable experience.
nfgfc 2022 schedule.png
NFGFC Tournament_Entry_Form_2022_Final.doc
(223 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
NFGFC_Membership_Form_2022.doc
(244.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
nfgfc rules 2022.docx
(18.36 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by SHOWBOAT on February 1st, 2022, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
mpa_72001

Re: NFGFC 2022 INFORMATION

Post by mpa_72001 »

I'm just temporarily helping Javan with some of the sponsors but will try and help with any questions anyone has.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Bringing this thread back to the top. If you haven’t used the Venmo registration process previously, then I encourage you to do so soon so that any questions can be answered timely. Thanks.

2/5 is just around the corner.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

No wade fishing?

That must be the "Gary Droze" rule. lol
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

rockyg wrote: January 29th, 2022, 10:55 am No wade fishing?

Been a rule for several years and is common in tournaments. Are you going to bring that Pathy you won to a tournament or two this year?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Brian's doubly right, RockyG. Wadefishing in NFGFC tournaments was prohibited maybe 5-6 years ago. And Redtrout/Seatrout Shootout tourneys were always boat-only.

Moot point anyway. I don't have any right knee cartilage left for wading, so the Torqeedo electric motor beast that swamped two of my canoes gets mated to a new Pelican Power 10 kayak for this season. That Pelican is rated for 5HP, so look out!
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 29th, 2022, 7:55 am Bringing this thread back to the top. If you haven’t used the Venmo registration process previously, then I encourage you to do so soon so that any questions can be answered timely. Thanks.

2/5 is just around the corner.
Can we pay cash still at the meetings??
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Yes there will be a meeting at bumpas where u can pay your membership and tournament fees plus raffles again.
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

mpa_72001 wrote: January 29th, 2022, 7:51 pm Yes there will be a meeting at bumpas where u can pay your membership and tournament fees plus raffles again.
I noticed when reviewing our club rules _idle only until 30 minutes before sunrise". Is this new or has it always been that way ? I can't remember.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I can’t say “always”, but been that way for several years
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:09 pm
rockyg wrote: January 29th, 2022, 10:55 am No wade fishing?

Been a rule for several years and is common in tournaments. Are you going to bring that Pathy you won to a tournament or two this year?
I see how hard you guys fish in this series and I'm too old and lazy for that dawn patrol stuff so I better stay on the sidelines. I will continue to chime in with an unwanted comment or two from time to time. lol ;-)

I do still participate in the CCA STAR Tournament every year. There is zero chance that I will be lucky enough to repeat my previous success, but I still enjoy exercising those Redfish and checking them for tags. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

ROLL CALL ? Or is that a thing of the past ? :smt004
gary z

Post by gary z »

I’m in.
BeeeReady