NFGFC 2023

North Florida Gulf Coast Fishing Club

Moderator: bman

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

NFGFC 2023

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Posting for Oreocwby...he will answer any questions.
2023 NFGFC Rules (1).pdf
(80.88 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
2023 membership Form (1).pdf
(59.4 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
New Club 2023 Changes
The 2023 Fishing season is upon us. The NFGFC is fired up and ready to get our tournaments started; however, there are some MAJOR changes to note.

1st.) Club meetings have changed and we will now be meeting on Tuesdays @ 6pm due to lack of private spaces available on Thursday nights and giving those who want to leave early for out of town tournaments can leave the Thursday before the tournament. We will now be meeting at Corner Pocket Bar & Grill- 2475 Apalachee Pkwy # 201, Tallahassee, FL 32301, BIG shout out to them for their support..
Those days are:
Jan 31st @ 6pm
Feb 28th @ 6pm
April 4th @ 6pm
May 9th @ 6pm
May 30th @ 6pm
July 4th @ 6pm
August 1st @ 6pm- Abbreviated/ For NFGFC Redfish tournament... only if you wish to participate.
September 4th@ 6pm
October 3rd @ 6pm

2nd.) The Club is now going to ARTIFICIAL ONLY!! This means no natural bait whether the bait is dead or alive, your lure/bait of choice has to be man made...

3rd.) ALL tournaments will be ramp SPECIFIC and all ramp locations are listed on the new 2023 schedule. We will STILL require a photo of you launching at the specified boat ramp and if you are caught using another boat ramp you will be disqualified. Please remember, Club members are allowed to get to the ramp as early as needed as long as you are not on a plane or fishing before safelight you may idle to your desired destination. You may need to adjust your timing accordingly if your vessel / vehicle is not fit to launch from the designated boat ramp.

4th.) The most important NEW RULE: The NFGFC is now going to a photo digital measuring system for the BIG TROUT POT!! This means No trout over 19” inches will be measured at weigh in PERIOD!!!! Violation of this rule will forfeit all winnings and points for that tournament in the BIG TROUT POT.

All club members who wish to enter the BIG TROUT POT will be required to utilize a club
poker chip given to each team and your own personal Check-it-Stick for measuring/
photographing of your Big Trout prior to its release.

A club poker chip will be given at captain’s meeting prior to the tournament with sign up
as well as a predetermined location so that you may pick up the morning of the tournament.

It will be the responsibility of the team to ensure the photo captures the fish’s mouth
closed and touching the 0”inch end of the “Check-it Stick”, and where the UN-PINCHED
tail falls on the measuring device with the clubs poker chip. It will be the responsibility of
the team to ensure the photo “CLEARLY” depicts this information when taken, and if not,
the photo will not be accepted .We ask that you return the Club's poker chip at weigh in.

All ties based on length of fish will be decided based on the timestamp (earliest photograph wins) of the photo. If
the photo does not have a timestamp it will not be accepted for the Big Trout Pot. All
pictures will be judged by the same club member throughout the year with one alternate if
needed. All final decisions are made by the Club’s
President, and if not present, will be determined by the chosen club member and will be
the final decision!!

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Can we keep the trout over 19 inches that's being used in your photo submission?
A: Yes, You may keep any legal harvest, however the club will not be weighing any fish over 19 inches to help promote less fish kill on larger trout.

Q: Can you use your BIG TROUT and include it in your 5 fish stringer?
A: NO, You may not use your BIG TROUT in the combined weight as we are now only measuring SLOT TROUT for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place TROUT BAG. If fishing solo and you keep a big trout, then you may only weigh 4 fish

Q: What happens if there is a tie in length?
A: All ties based on length of fish will be decided based on the timestamp of the photo, with the first photo prevailing. If the photo does not have a timestamp it will not be accepted for the Big Trout Pot.

Q: Who will be the Photo Director?
A: Kevin Hough. James Padgett as an alternate if Kevin is not available

Q: Why did the Club decide to go this route?
A: With changing times and a changing culture, we want to promote a healthy fishery as our area is really impacted by the increase of fishermen/fisherwomen as well as an increase in local tournaments. Also, more sponsors are now wanting to support less fish kill in tournaments. Finally, the rules are intended to create a level playing field and reduce the likelihood of unfair participation.

Any other questions will be addressed at our Captain's Meetings then posted on FACEBOOK as well as Bigbendfishing.net
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
rockyg

Re: NFGFC 2023

Post by rockyg »

Kudos to you guys for the extra effort to incorporate photo release into the tournament. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will put my money where my mouth was and enter some of the "out West" tournaments where my outboard skeg will be safe. ;-)

All artificial is a big step too. That put's a premium on angler skill. I like it.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I too am glad that the club has decided to go with the "CPR" format for trout over 19"
What is the location of the 1st tournament? Also, does the club have a "check-it stik" for sale?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Jim the best price I found on the Check it Stick was online from Academy Sports. I also ordered a fish friendly landing net, Two items I have had little need for in the past, but you can't Boga Grip a big trout, they always shake off at the boat.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

Just got off the phone with Check-It-Stick, the Club will have rulers for sale mid-week next week but hopefully they will come in before Tuesday 31st.