Lanark Fun!!

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

Lanark Fun!!

Post by Bonecracker »

My daughter came home last week after doing a 3 month internship in New York City and she needed some boat and beach time badly before heading back to UGA. Trout and redfishing has it moments in August (mostly bad) so I decided to load up on some tasty bait fish and head offshore for some action. We anchored up in one of my favorite spots and launched two pinners out the back under a small float and it did not take long as the reels and the girls were a screamin!! :thumbup: After a 15-20 min fish we had a big king boat side but he did not want to play for some strange reason. One last desperate run and he broke my steel leader!! Bummer man !! :smt010 The action did not change much over the morning and we released a few nice Kings and Spanish Macks and one large grouper that rocked me!! :thumbdown: Waited him out and he still broke my line!! :smt010 Around lunch the seas were pretty flat, no wind was blowing, and the bite had slowed, so we headed to Dog Island for some beach time and cold adult beverages!!

After we all got cleaned up and a-smelling good, I was "Chauffeured" to Eddie Teach's Raw Bar on St. George Island where we enjoyed some great live music, lots of oysters, and more cold adult beverages! :D :-D :D

2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark Fun!!

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
lmmoore

Post by lmmoore »

GO DOGS! RUFF RUFF RUFF
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Awesome. Wish my daughter liked to fish, but she only wants to ride her horse. Even had to move the horse to Athens for her. Tell your daughter from one Old Dawg to a Young Dawg ... GO DAWGS! Gonna be a great year to be a student in Athens! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Bonecracker

Post by Bonecracker »

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!! I am so blessed with two wonderful daughters and Lauren has always loved fishing and boating! :thumbup: She is working on her final year of her Masters degree in College Administration at UGA and come May 15, 2015, I should get a big pay raise!!! salute1
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Nice work there........ on both

raising kids and catchin fish!
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

That's about as good as it gets, Dad. Proud for you!