Carrabelle 12 miles out

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bmarlin1

Carrabelle 12 miles out

Post by bmarlin1 »

Not seeing a lot of reports so thought I would throw one out. The report for the waves falling off Saturday did not happen but the 2-3fts had a decent demand when we started out. Launched out of the main ramp in Carrabelle and FYI someone pulled up the drop box for ramp fees. Ran out to the first public waypoints at 3 miles and trolled a few stretch 30s around for about 30 minutes no luck. Went out to some 60ft water about 8 miles out and trolled for another hour without any results. Finally went out to the big cluster of public way points out off Dog Island about 12 miles out and got some action. Broke off a nice Red Snapper so switched my gear up a little with a heavier leader. Started catching a bunch of Grunts and Sea bass using mullet and squid. Got my first lane snapper and a nice keep flounder. Hooked into another nice Red Snapper just hoping they are there during the season. Was really excited about the lane snapper got to figure out how to target those. Once I find a spot to load my images will post them.Imagehttps://www.instagram.com/p/B8U4ym2HgT- ... cutmum3ica
Last edited by bmarlin1 on February 12th, 2020, 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Srbenda

Re: Carrabelle 12 miles out

Post by Srbenda »

Nice- the forecast looked a bit rough Saturday, what boat are you in ?
All photos copyright @saverymill
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Can’t wait to see the pictures from your trip.
bmarlin1

Post by bmarlin1 »

Running a 2018 231 Sportsman Heritage which is 22’ long 250 Yamaha and with the deeper bow I can handle decent waves.