K Tower

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

K Tower

Post by Srbenda »

With a great weather forecast, we headed west to K Tower, which is 26nm from the Lighthouse, so almost an hour at easy cruising speed.

We tried with squid first, and no luck. We switched to shrimp and it changed immediately.

We limited out on lane snapper and got two good size sheepies as well. Surprisingly, no red snapper but another boat out there did bring up a nice gag, which went back in the water.

The Amberjacks were in full force, but ignored all artificial baits I threw. I got a pinfish on a sabiki rig, and got hammered almost immediately. He broke me off eventually, but I had some fun.

Beautiful day offshore, water temps ranged from 65 to 68 and there were bait pods being chased by Spanish in a few places.
On the way back in, water temps on the flats were up to 72f.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Last edited by Srbenda on March 15th, 2020, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: K Tower

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: A great day out! Thanks for posting. Interesting that flats temp is already 72 degrees, hmmmmmm... Trip planned for next weekend!! :D
Yours in the South
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: A great day out! Thanks for posting. Interesting that flats temp is already 72 degrees, hmmmmmm... Trip planned for next weekend!! :D
Yours in the South
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

Started to head out to K tower myself today but forgot the extra fuel tank for the boat so only had 12 gallons on board. So I hit a few locations just inside federal line trying to find some mango. One stop produced good bites but ended up with red snapper after red snapper after red snapper....atleast I found a simi close location for June.
Lvnspeed

Post by Lvnspeed »

Great picture of my boat anchored at k tower. We limited out on Lane Snapper too

That's my boat on the left in the first picture
1998 Scarab Sport twin 300 Mercury Verados
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Thanks for all the great pictures.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Lvnspeed wrote:Great picture of my boat anchored at k tower. We limited out on Lane Snapper too

That's my boat on the left in the first picture
I was thinking it was a Donzi, but its a Scarab? Very similar hulls..
All photos copyright @saverymill
Lvnspeed

Post by Lvnspeed »

The older Scarab's and older Donzi's are kinda similar yes. Mines a 1988 I love this old girl! Thanks for the cool picture.
1998 Scarab Sport twin 300 Mercury Verados