Offshore Carrabelle

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Offshore Carrabelle

Post by bbb »

Got some numbers from a buddy, about 2000 in all, so decided to try a few out as we worked our way to O Tower.

Started at a number in 54ft of water. Put 10-15 black Sea Bass in the boat and released 1 nice Red Snapper.

2nd number was a bust. 3rd number ended up being a Sand Perch hole, so we loaded up on live bait.

4th and 5th numbers showed nothing to fish. 6th number put us about a mile from O Tower and held plenty of Red Snapper.

We turned back towards Carrabelle and stopped at a cluster of numbers NW of O. Only had time to fish 1 number as we were pulling fish up every drop. This spot produced a bunch of fish, including a 23.5 and 24” Gag. Some big Red Snapper, 18” Red Grouper. 16” Mangrove and 2 legal triggerfish which we kept and had several break offs.

Ended up catching 5 snapper in the 28-30” range. Hopefully we can find them again in June.
Srbenda

Re: Offshore Carrabelle

Post by Srbenda »

Nice haul! I need to move to Carrabelle so I can get to that deeper water easier.

What worked best for bait? ( besides the sand perch )

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
bbb

Post by bbb »

We bought a box of spanish sardines and LY’s. Only used a few LY’s.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Great day, great report!