Who's gonna be the first?

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I heard about a local cobia sighting today! Who's gonna be the first to post a JUMBO cobia pic?? I have the day off tomorrow and of course its supposed to rain and be blowing out there. If the forecast holds, i'm going chasing them Saturday!!
FishWithChris

Re: Who's gonna be the first?

Post by FishWithChris »

Shhhhhhhhhh

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Not me, I hate cobia.
Tastes terrible.
All photos copyright @saverymill
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Won't be me... I'm boat-less at the moment (boat's in shop for re-powering). But sure few are trickling in, as from years of observation their timing (at least in our neck of the woods) almost perfectly matches the arrival of swallow tail kites and have seen a few flying over my place this week. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

big bend gyrene wrote:Won't be me... I'm boat-less at the moment (boat's in shop for re-powering). But sure few are trickling in, as from years of observation their timing (at least in our neck of the woods) almost perfectly matches the arrival of swallow tail kites and have seen a few flying over my place this week. :thumbup: :beer:
Good observation there, will have to remember that.
Growing up my grandpa always told me when the dogwood blooms the crappie are biting.

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I've found one sure sign that the Cobia are in is when one is spooling me. Otherwise it always seems all the other signs are pretty unreliable.
Semper Fi
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

CSMarine wrote:I've found one sure sign that the Cobia are in is when one is spooling me. Otherwise it always seems all the other signs are pretty unreliable.
Ha ha no doubt there!