Snapper fishing

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Snapperlr

Re: Snapper fishing

Post by Snapperlr »

Look good for tomorrow.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We fished about 65’ yesterday. Looking for gags and some new numbers, so no chum churn. Only short gags, But we got reds 22-25” and 2 nice blacks. TT caught 2 huge Kings.On the way in we hit a spot for cobia. Had a good one on 5 min after bait went down. We had to cut the tail to get her in the box. The wind calmed in the afternoon and the ride in was quick( 20 mph going out, 35 mph on the way in. Not a bad snapper season for a bay boat.

Forgot to mention. We stopped to mess w a school of bonitos busting bait. Under them were a pack of those nuclear jacks. I hooked one on and fought it ( or he drug me around) for 20 min until the hook on the x rap broke. Check out those bobo schools y’all. I’ve also found a school of bull reds under a school, presumably eating the scraps.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Salty Gator wrote:We fished about 65’ yesterday. Looking for gags and some new numbers, so no chum churn. Only short gags, But we got reds 22-25” and 2 nice blacks. TT caught 2 huge Kings.On the way in we hit a spot for cobia. Had a good one on 5 min after bait went down. We had to cut the tail to get her in the box. The wind calmed in the afternoon and the ride in was quick( 20 mph going out, 35 mph on the way in. Not a bad snapper season for a bay boat.

Forgot to mention. We stopped to mess w a school of bonitos busting bait. Under them were a pack of those nuclear jacks. I hooked one on and fought it ( or he drug me around) for 20 min until the hook on the x rap broke. Check out those bobo schools y’all. I’ve also found a school of bull reds under a school, presumably eating the scraps.
SG - any pics?

Also... Did I see you on the shoreline Sunday morning, East?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

We are finding the bigger snapper (over 30") between 90-125' and the best bait has changed between trips. On trip fresh cut bait beet live bait and frozen bait. One trip live bait was king and the next it didn't matter what we sent down. Heck I bet a bare hook would of worked on that trip.

How do you post pics without hosting them somewhere?
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FishWithChris wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:We fished about 65’ yesterday. Looking for gags and some new numbers, so no chum churn. Only short gags, But we got reds 22-25” and 2 nice blacks. TT caught 2 huge Kings.On the way in we hit a spot for cobia. Had a good one on 5 min after bait went down. We had to cut the tail to get her in the box. The wind calmed in the afternoon and the ride in was quick( 20 mph going out, 35 mph on the way in. Not a bad snapper season for a bay boat.

SG - any pics?

Also... Did I see you on the shoreline Sunday morning, East?
The only pic we took was of the cobia. I haven’t snapped a pic of a snapper all season. My fishing buddy cleans fish while I clean the boat. He keeps forgetting the cleaning table shot. I’ll try to load it. I have a problem posting photos here.

Chris, we left panacea marina at 6:30 Sunday and ran out near the shoal for bait, them to 65’. I was way East on Saturday towing a buddy in on his big ugly panga( tower and huge poling platform look so funny together) Towed him from near the aucilla mouth back to the marina. 4 hrs.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

Any chance they will open any weekends this year for us?