Offshore Carrabelle Saturday

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dub

Offshore Carrabelle Saturday

Post by Dub »

Went out yesterday morning to relatively smooth seas, a few scattered storms around. Watched as all spout form and then dissipate within about 10 minutes. Water clarity was phenomenal, best we’ve seen it all year. My daughter caught her best cobia, a 25 pounder. Also boated a nice gag and some really nice mangoes. All fell to live sand perch except the mangoes, which ate almost everything presented to them on a tipped bucktail. Fished in the 65’ range and ran 40 mph all day in my little 22 Mako....
geofish

Re: Offshore Carrabelle Saturday

Post by geofish »

Nice!
I've heard that night fishing for mangos is supposed to be good this time of year, especially on the full moons. Has anyone tried it around here?
wwhite3440

Post by wwhite3440 »

Nice! Thanks for the great post. I’m looking to head out of Carrabell/St George soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dub

Post by Dub »

I try to get out there for a nighttime snapper trip each year, like you said, the full moons are the best times. Pick any of the alphabet towers and take a pile of shrimp, sure to have a blast. We had them on the surface yesterday, frenzy mode! Made for a good time.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

geofish wrote:Nice!
I've heard that night fishing for mangos is supposed to be good this time of year, especially on the full moons. Has anyone tried it around here?
I have. Fishing at night with the current that comes with a full moon can make it difficult. Your chum is 100 yds behind the boat before it starts to sink. No freelining baits get to the fish.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven