Calm afternoon for a snapper/grouper combo

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geofish

Calm afternoon for a snapper/grouper combo

Post by geofish »

Windy app said the winds would be mild this afternoon, so I headed out late morning and spent an hour loading the livewell with pinfish. Leaving from St Marks makes it a long run to the 70-90 ft depth people say you need to hit for the snapper. Stopped first at Oar Wakulla DZ & caught a couple amberjack, but the biggest was just 32" so they were returned to the sea. Ran to the K tower, caught another amberjack but not much else and there was a crowd. So I decided to start heading back in & stopped at a non-descript spot I've found in about 45 feet, and put a nice snapper in the boat. Caught a buncha little gags, then used my biggest pinfish to put this big fella in the boat. Got a little choppy riding in, but all in all a good day!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
wwhite3440

Re: Calm afternoon for a snapper/grouper combo

Post by wwhite3440 »

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Tim

Post by Big Tim »

Nice report. Man those two make me hungry for some fresh snapper and grouper. I have also caught snapper in less than 90' in the past. I guess there are more holding in deeper water but nice to know you can pick up a nice one on occasion with less of a haul. Coming down Sunday for a couple of days guess I will miss out on the snapper but hopefully land some trout,reds and maybe sneak in a grouper if I am lucky and the weather allows.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Nice groceries! Thank you for the sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk