off shore grouper

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hairface

off shore grouper

Post by hairface »

coming down for one last run at the snapper couple questions
Can some one tell me or where to go on the web to find out if i catch gag in federal water and i'm fishing out of carrabelle can i bring it in legally
also whats everbody's thoughts on fishing full moon
geofish

Re: off shore grouper

Post by geofish »

Yes, just don't stop in state waters on the way in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Not sure about the current offshore regs as I’ve not been able to fish for a while, but I’ve had terrible luck fishing offshore on the full moon. The current is ripping so it’s hard to keep baits on the bottom, chum is 200 yds behind the boat before it drops and the fish seem to feed all night and have lock jaw in the am. If i can scrape out half a limit on a full moon, it’s been a solid day. But,,, you go when you can go… wear em out,,, good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

The regulation of gag grouper is different for the state waters off of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson, and Taylor counties than it is for the rest of Florida Gulf state waters.

Gag grouper fishing in state waters off Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson, and Taylor counties is open from April 1 - June 30 and September 1 - December 31.

In Federal waters off Florida's Gulf Coast, gag grouper is open from June 1 - December 31.

Trust but verify; visit this link for the official information: https://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/rec ... /groupers/