Last snapper trip for the season

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

EddieJoe

Last snapper trip for the season

Post by EddieJoe »

Went Monday the 26th out of Carrabelle. Seas calm enough to drive my 20’ cc @ 35 mph out and 30 back in. Water temp 84 at the surface.
Stopped at my deepest offshore number 22 miles south of Dog Island, but it was dead. Decided to go a couple of miles further south and look around. Spotted a bottom mark and stopped, lowered the Minn Kota and spotlocked.

Had immediate bites on squid and cigars, and the lane snapper were the bite. Could catch as many as I wanted, and kept 16. Managed one nice ARS on a bare white jig, too, so had a nice cooler.
While there, 24 miles offshore by myself on natural bottom, was visited first by a 35’ cc with twin power and Georgia registration, who idled 50’ from me. After marking bottom and storing the number, he left. Then a 32’ sea hawk with twin power passed by, then came back, idled around me, then threw a buoy and anchor within casting distance. I yelled at him but he ignored me and began fishing.

Three people in first boat, four in the next. Pardon my old fashioned fishing ethics but that kind of stuff makes me nuts. But nothing I could do, so I left.

Nice day otherwise.

EJ
rockyg

Re: Last snapper trip for the season

Post by rockyg »

I'm with you EJ, I just don't understand people these days. Why make fishing into something stressful? Why not just run on to another spot? I'll bet both of those boats have literally dozens if not a hundred waypoints marked in that area. How can you have any pride as a Captain or as a man for that matter to make that kind of move.

So......evidently, you can't enjoy Tarpon Fishing anymore due to the azz hat guides from all over.

And....evidently, you can't enjoy a day of offshore fishing due to wealthy azz hats in big boats.

And.....it's widely known that guys from Georgia ruin everything. lol ;-)

Moral of the story.....sell the boat and take up golf????? LOL
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
bbb

Post by bbb »

Us Georgia guys get pulled up on by Fla guys too.

I like the guy that comes in at 2500 rpms and makes a circle around my boat rocking us to no end. I make sure to look for him on the way in and return the favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Regarding which anglers are “worse” characters concerning fishing behavior on boats it’s probably still a Georgia win, at least around here. But plenty of Florida clowns, too. As much as anything I do harbor about 50 years of past Georgia boating fisherman events while I was on the water that colors my current prejudice, and that’s unfair to
people now.

In the old days, when only a few of us had LORAN, it was common to attract several boats per grouper trip. Only good thing was they couldn’t number steal because they didn’t have electronics.

Now everybody does and courtesy isn’t as common regardless of your home address. Last guy that did it to me was from Florida. Still, I’m a Florida native and these are my home waters. The other guys are visitors.

Speech over. Just an annoyance, really, and nothing to be done about it.