Fog

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ted in Tallahassee

Fog

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

Good grief it was foggy Saturday. It didn’t clear up until around 11:30 and then it re-fogged at around 4:00! Talk about dangerous. Can’t see a thing until it’s right in front of you, and there’s ALWAYS some idiot flying along instead of traveling at a safe speed, which in that kind of pea soup is something like a fast idle. If there are two boats flying along on a plane and they happen to be coming right at each other, good luck having enough reaction time to safely stop or maneuver. Scares the daylights out of me to drive in that.

Oh and then there was the 8:24 am -1.4 low tide! Talk about some skinny water!
geofish

Re: Fog

Post by geofish »

It was foggy offshore until almost 4 pm. Can't say I went at fast idle, but I throttled back to a speed where I wasn't outrunning my visibility.
PS: I think grouper like the fog ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

I liked being able to hide on my favorite spots. :lol
squiffynole

Post by squiffynole »

I launched at the lighthouse during a low tide last week - could barely see 200' - oyster bars in the East River would become visible through the mist like mountain ranges. Boat traffic was practically non-existent which is fortunate since sound can be hard to interpret in the fog.

But you know what - it was a fun change of pace!