St. Marks 2008.01.12 Red Huntin'

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mook!
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 2008.01.12 Red Huntin'

Post by Mook! »

Barhopr wrote:the liner is on the hull? bellow the water line? :o
si - covering up a previous bottom paint job - it comes to just above the water line - kinda covered by shadow in the pic - I know that adds friction and can thus decrease gas mileage, but I wouldn't think it would cause the listing and pulling and decrease the fuel efficiency by THAT much...???
Mookbait! At least 401 times better than live bait!

He who have signature line make bigger post.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

there was a guy on FS, Illinoisfisherman, I think that had a Seachaser that had a bad list when underway. Turned out to be the keel/hull had a hook in it in one direction or the other that caused it to pull hard to one side and list badly. He was lucky and Carolina Skiff had to replace the boat. It was new.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Mook, maybe you should just buy a Contender, and call it a day.
Team Diehard -> Will Fish on an Inner-tube with a small craft advisory. Booyah
Proud member of the AKL
Jighead

Post by Jighead »

Congratulations, that is a fine redfish!!! I was fishing in Snipe Creek recently and caught three Reds that had to be thrown back, they were too big... the largest was 37inchs,35and32. This creek is the second creek west of Long Point; Located between Econfina and Aucilla and it is loaded with Rock Grass, plenty of Trout also!! If you are a Red hunter Dont pass this creek up. Good Luck!!! JIGHEAD