Keaton getting better

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Little grasshopper

Keaton getting better

Post by Little grasshopper »

Last several times my trips down to Keaton has been about like everyone else. I haven't been in a few weeks so I got a day off and went this past Monday.

Got there super early to beat the heat. Headed out looking for stained water. After finding 4 boats sitting in my spot in close I headed out to 5ft. Got on them. Limited out in trout in less than an hour. Threw back 11 shorts and after the limit 3 keepers.

So I made a slight move to find a red. Two short reds then lost a huge overslot by the boat. The fish was too green and I couldn't get a handle on him since I was alone. 3 keeper rock bass and hung a 6 ft shark that took a lady from me which got my blood pumping.

Fishing with pins now looking for a red I hooked my first ever tarpon in that area. Gave me a few jumps and shot my nerves quick. 20 minutes later and another tarpon. I got this one to the boat and got my hands on it a couple of time but ended up running around my prop and cut me off. Super time none the less.

Headed to some clear water after it warmed up to scout for scallops. Found some and spotted and boated a short cobia to round out the day. Back at the ramp before 12. Epic day.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton getting better

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

nice report good to here you got in to them :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Sounds like a great day. Congrats
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great report. I want to get down there soon, but these afternoon rainstorms are playing heck with my plans.
Yours in the South
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

That's a lot of excitement packed into one day.!