St. Marks 12/5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/5

Post by ugadawg »

Really wanted to go fishing today, but the marine forecast of 8 ft seas had me wary. I decided it was time to try St. Marks, because if it got too windy I could go and hide up the river. With a promise of lunch at the riverside cafe and some furniture shopping on the way down, I got my fishing partner/wife excited about some cold weather fishing.

We got on the water a little after noon and the tide was already quite low. Hit all my normal winter holes and had no luck at all. Water temp was around 67º, so I think it needs to cool off some before they really stack up in the river. I decided to try out by mouth of the river to see I anything was around the bars. The wind was kicking and I couldn't get my anchor to hold on the bars I wanted to fish. After a while, I decided to just let it drag and just fish the water around me.

Not long after that, I get hooked on what I think is a rock, until I noticed that it started pulling back. After a good 15 minute fight, I get a nice 40+ redfish.
Red.jpg
After this, had a few small bites and we decided to go get some lunch at the cafe. Rode the boat around, tried some new holes, and just enjoyed the weather and the company for the rest of the day. What I was expecting to be nasty windy and cold turned out to be a moderately breezy, mild, beautiful day on the water.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 12/5

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice red! Don't ya just hate to throw them big boys back? Glad you caught one.
Yours in the South
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

CONGRATULATIONS, THAT USE TO BE THE NORMAL SIZE RED IN THIS AREA AND AROUND THE SUWANEE RIVER MOUTH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Great that you got out there!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Good one.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Nice!
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

What are the reds biting on now? I will be out Saturday.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

timmy0257 wrote:What are the reds biting on now? I will be out Saturday.
Everything. In fact, I'll probably throw a jalapeno on a 1/4oz jig-head this week just to see how hungry they are! :lol: :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I caught mine last weekend on a jig head with a white and chartreuse tail gulp. We have been doing well with shrimp under a CT around oyster bars, but that wasn't working Saturday.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the good report. A very nice day!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

very Nice!