Summer fun

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Summer fun

Post by fishfalcon »

Have had a few chances to get down to the coast over the last month, but have not had the time to post with pics. Got to take my dad scalloping for the first time and my son came with us. Dad had a blast and we were able to pick up a limit before the weather got bad. We did not catch a single legal fish that day, but the scallops were great. I had a couple of chances to fish with my neighbor Tim and we caught some good trout one day and some big Spanish another. I fished one afternoon with Dad and Saltwaterforme and we caught a few keeper trout before the lightning ran us off. Typical summer weather pattern which can be frustrating.ImageImageImageImageImage
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Summer fun

Post by MudDucker »

Looks like a great time was had by all! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Looks like you did very well! Thanks for posting.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Dad looks like a sport. Good job man.
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Nothing like fishin with your Dad and son! Glad to know there are some fish to catch. We have had good luck on scallops too...but fishing has been tough. Hope to see you down there some.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PICS AND REPORT, WHAT WERE YOU USING TO CATCH THE TROUT, I KNOW THE SPANISH WILL HIT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING , HOW DEEP WERE YOU FISHING, WHERE WERE YOU FISHING? THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPORT.
MY OLDEST SON AND I ARE PLANNING TO MAKE A TRIP IN THE MORNING IF WE CAN GET A BREAK IN THE WEATHER, NEED TO GET SOME SALT AIR IN MY LUNGS AGAIN.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Pa, the answer depends on which day we were fishing. One day the trout came on live baits under a popping cork. We also caught them on gulp and suspending lures when I could not catch live baits. the Spanish came on gulp and minnow imitations. they had bait schools pushed up and we just stayed with the bait picking off an occasional Spanish. We had to wade through a bunch of ladyfish to get them. They were in 12 feet of water. The trout I target in 4 feet of water but will fish up to 8 feet. I am looking for good grass and pinfish bites. The fish were caught from patty's island to the rock garden depending on the day. Hope you get a chance to get after them
luckywsp

Post by luckywsp »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Glad you could spend time with you son and father on the coast. Nothing can beat time with family on the water.