Panacea pier 10/12/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Panacea pier 10/12/16

Post by DixieReb »

Fished the pier for 6 hrs. today, not supposed to be windy but NOAA got it wrong again! 4 nice whiting to 2 lb. and 2 white trout, lots of sand trout. No speckled trout yet, might be a little early for them. Hung something good on cork pole that shook loose on top, all I saw was a big black head. Not sure what he was, did hang a big gar on same rig later on. Nice day out, had lots of company out there today. :smt004 Little kids like to see somebody catch a fish, made their day.
Yours in the South
Dale Mims

Re: Panacea pier 10/12/16

Post by Dale Mims »

We went there Saturday and they had the gate closed so we went back up the road to Levy bay. I am glad to hear the pier is open.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I fished the one behind Crum's store. I don't know about the one at Mashes Sands, I heard it was damaged in the hurricane.
Yours in the South
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

The one at Mashes was damaged and not fixed as of last weekend. About a 10-15 foot section missing in the middle of it.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?