St Marks Wed. 9/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

St Marks Wed. 9/27

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Got a chance to go fishing with my little bride on Wednesday and now I know why there have not been many posts. We fished the out-going tide, water temp was 82-85 range, fairly light winds and the water was mostly clear at 5-6 feet out from the light house and a little too dingy in the bays and East River. My wife had 1 nice blow up on a top water in the back of Big Bay, it took her plug and left her disappointed. We caught some pin fished, tried them and used the usual plastics and plugs and didn't get another red fish strike. Drifted some and the only tugs were from Lady and Cat fish. Fun, put not our prey. Checked out the East River and same results. There was bait fish and mullet everywhere. Surely the fall fun will start soon. In the end I had a great fishing buddy and got some salt water therapy. Not a bad day.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks Wed. 9/27

Post by Salty Gator »

Beats working. Thanks for the report. I'm not sure I've heard of big bay, is that anywhere near big cove?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Phil. 4:8

Re: St Marks Wed. 9/27

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Oooops, I was thinking really big. It is Big Cove. You know the place.