Creek Trout

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SoberAngler

Creek Trout

Post by SoberAngler »

11/23/2018 launched kayak 11AM at primitive ramp Fishbone Creek (Dixie County, FL). Fished north of the ramp until 4PM.
Water temp 61F. "Dirty". High tidal coefficient (approaching full moon phase) provided strong current. High tide 2PM. Depth varied from nearly 0 to up to 8'+.
Partly cloudy high of 72F wind N to NE up to 10mph.
Some mullet activity, little baitfish activity.
Fished deeper holes, wind-protected bends, channels that funneled current and points with flow. Little to no grass in this creek, areas of light and dark bottom, scattered oyster beds.

Caught numerous 15" - 20" Spotted Seatrout, and a 21 1/2" on the Lil Slick lure (rigged weedless on a 1/8 oz weighted swimbait hook). No Redfish.
Encountered only two others fishing: 1 kayak, 1 non-motorized small johnboat.

(I don't use PhotoBucket. Is there a way to add photos to BigBendingFishing posts directly from a computer?)
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Creek Trout

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks for the report
fish are on the move
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Tide-Dancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tide-Dancer »

:thumbup:
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

You were up a creek.....with a paddle!! LOL

Good trip! Fish are where they need to be :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

SoberAngler wrote: (I don't use PhotoBucket. Is there a way to add photos to BigBendingFishing posts directly from a computer?)
There is but I seem to recall that you may need to be a site sponsor. There is an option below the reply box labeled "upload attachment" .
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SoberAngler

Post by SoberAngler »

Juan wrote:
SoberAngler wrote: (I don't use PhotoBucket. Is there a way to add photos to BigBendingFishing posts directly from a computer?)
There is but I seem to recall that you may need to be a site sponsor. There is an option below the reply box labeled "upload attachment" .
Thx, but...I don't see "upload attachment". And how does one become a site sponsor?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for the report, sounds like a good day. I think if you make a donation to BBF.net you become a sponsor. That's how I did it. I sent Barry Bevis a check in the mail.
Yours in the South
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

I sent a payment via Paypal to become a site sponsor months ago.....never got the sponsor priviledges though :smt102
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

jsaunders wrote:I sent a payment via Paypal to become a site sponsor months ago.....never got the sponsor priviledges though :smt102
its because you're from Georgia... :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidding. ping Mr. Bevis. Although I'm sure he's currently parallel to the water waiting for those ducks to fly overhead
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image