4 days out of Panacea

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

4 days out of Panacea

Post by onefishtwofish »

Went the 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th. Our best day was the 3rd - we had my great nephew with us and worked to keep him on fish. He caught - ladyfish, sharks, spanish and cats. He had something tugging his line all day. He was bummed he did not catch a trout, but we complimented him on the spanish that night when we ate them. We had quite a few unders and only 4 keeper trout - but all nice and healthy. All on jigs.

Got an early start on the 4th to beat the heat. Caught three nice trout on topwater. I lost a really nice one at the boat. A few more just short. Cats and sharks were not as active, but enough he did not get bored. Got to see a tarpon.

6th with SIL was a total bust. Only love we had was some blowups on top, all but one never hooked up. Ugly weather. Headed in just in time.

7th was more action, but nothing on topwater at all. All jigs - three keepers and some shorts. Did have a pin floating all day and nothing but shark interest. Saw another tarpon on our way in. Pins were already released and the weather looked like it was going to turn. With my pregnant daughter in the boat, we did not want her to get hot, so we ate lunch at The Seineyard after loading the boat.

The fish were holding to a very specific depth and bottom and it seemed a little different each day. It felt like 2 weekends in a row!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Srbenda

Re: 4 days out of Panacea

Post by Srbenda »

The weather was really tough to avoid, and it looks like we'll have a repeat performance this weekend.
All photos copyright @saverymill
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Great job getting a kid out and involved. My son is now 16 and still has fun catching ladyfish. To be honest, so do I.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Doc, pm sent
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nicely done! Ladyfish can be a blast, esp. when they go airborne. I have to check my line after every one, as they will fray it up bad with teeth and sharp gill plates. :roll:
Yours in the South