February 28-29-Louisiana Marsh

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

February 28-29-Louisiana Marsh

Post by LucWilliams »

Little weather window opened up for a Louisiana fishing trip Friday and Saturday last week so we decided to make the trip. We are poling and sight fishing the entire time so a little bit different fishing than some folks make the trip over to do. Also very proud to say that we are doing all of this in my skiff without hiring a guide. Water was a bit more dirty than we hoped for but we found some fish. Caught 9 Saturday with the big fish going 16 and 17 pounds even though it was a 20 knot wind day. Less wind but even more dirty water Sunday yielded 4, with the biggest being 11 pounds. First trip over there since my wife and I had our baby, Mitzi, which is also the name of the company that manufactured our skiff lol. She did incredible for an 8 month old out fishing for 6-7 hours each day. We knew she would do well, she’s a seasoned angler here in FL haha. My wife was equally incredible, she’s on baby duty pretty much the entire time since I’m poling. She caught fish while wearing Mitzi in a baby carrier, sometimes when Mitzi was awake and sometimes when she was asleep. Wasn’t our best trip over there but also wasn’t our worst. I confirmed what I already knew.. that I’ve got the best wife and baby girl in the world! Tight lines.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
slow motion

Re: February 28-29-Louisiana Marsh

Post by slow motion »

Congratulations on your successful trip and your fine looking family. My wife said for me to pass along your daughter is a cutie.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Awesome! Looks like a very happy fishing family. Congrats to you all. :thumbup:
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Heck of a trip! Mitzi (daughter, but I guess also the boat here...) has got to be loving all of these adventures !
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow man, that’s an awesome trip with your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I love that pic of your wife fighting that fish with the baby strapped to her.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Good for y’all. Looks like a lot of fun
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Post by woodstock52 »

Love the post & the PICTURES!!!! :D
Williamsdad