Lighthouse creeks 6 Mar 2020

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

J Holden

Lighthouse creeks 6 Mar 2020

Post by J Holden »

Took the new Jackson Coosa FD out for a spin after work. Beat feet to the Refuge and eventually got in the water around 5ish. Started the trip off right noticing my kayak wasn't turning for shit when I hit the rudder controls... Didn't properly pin my nice solid aluminum boonedox rudder on and it fell in the drink. Managed to probe around with a paddle and find it and get it reattached...

The water was LOOOOW. I was knocking oyster and mud constantly heading down the creek. First nice looking creek mouth with some oysters I came to yielded a nice 23" red on the third or fourth cast with a chatterbait. With dinner taken care of I switched to a grub and jighead to try and find some flounder. Hit a few more creek mouths and troughs, no love. Went back to the chatterbait and picked up 2 more lower slot reds. Sun was going down and getting out of the creek involved getting more intimately familiar with mud than I cared to. Eventually made it out. All in all a good trip considering I was out less than 2 hours and spent most of that getting blown around by a 20mph North wind.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Lighthouse creeks 6 Mar 2020

Post by Juan »

Great report. :thumbup: It's amazes me how the water can be low there and the Chattahoochee is 10 ft over flood stage just 80 or so miles away.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Lighthouse creeks 6 Mar 2020

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:Great report. :thumbup: It's amazes me how the water can be low there and the Chattahoochee is 10 ft over flood stage just 80 or so miles away.
Those tidal creeks aren’t affected by rain as much as the rivers. And a strong north wind will blow the water out and not let it back in. Remember when we launched at Mashe sands in February with that strong north wind a few years back?

Thanks for the report J. Sometimes those noisy lures are the trick. Way to go
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven