Are we allowed to fish?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Re: Are we allowed to fish?

Post by CSMarine »

So was I. Just a suggestion. If you start experiencing fishing withdrawals, the Flint River has some great Crappie, and Flathead fishing.
Semper Fi
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

CSMarine wrote:So was I. Just a suggestion. If you start experiencing fishing withdrawals, the Flint River has some great Crappie, and Flathead fishing.
I don't think crossing state lines is a great idea right now but there's plenty of fishing to be done down in St Marks.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

procraftwes wrote:
CSMarine wrote:So was I. Just a suggestion. If you start experiencing fishing withdrawals, the Flint River has some great Crappie, and Flathead fishing.
I don't think crossing state lines is a great idea right now but there's plenty of fishing to be done down in St Marks.
Crossing state lines isn’t the problem, crowds are the problem. St marks will be super crowded, especially with Taylor county closing their ramps. Idiots will crowd the ramp and it will be shut down. Please go to the flint. Much less crowded :smt006
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Yeah your right. Showed the ramp at the old fort day before yesterday on channel 6 news. Making a point to show boats full of people. Even showed a pontoon boat full of folks. So much for common sense social distances by boaters.
Remember all the idiots you've all had to wait behind at a ramp. You all know the one. The one that knows absolutely nothing, and lacks the common sense to realize he's screwing everyone else waiting.
Do you really think those people will use discretion about distancing.
Semper Fi
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

CSMarine wrote:Yeah your right. Showed the ramp at the old fort day before yesterday on channel 6 news. Making a point to show boats full of people. Even showed a pontoon boat full of folks. So much for common sense social distances by boaters.
Remember all the idiots you've all had to wait behind at a ramp. You all know the one. The one that knows absolutely nothing, and lacks the common sense to realize he's screwing everyone else waiting.
Do you really think those people will use discretion about distancing.
I think the 10 person limit is too high but whatever. I know 10 people on a pontoon while legal looks bad. I can tell you I saw one group of boats up the wakulla last weekend with 20+ people, 5 boats tied up and the sheriff just told them to turn the music down and left. Alot of this stuff could simply be fixed by one patrol boat up each river with a megaphone breaking people up where needed. I can 90% of people were doing what they were supposed to be doing.
STMU

Post by STMU »

Salty Gator wrote:Crossing state lines isn’t the problem, crowds are the problem. St marks will be super crowded, especially with Taylor county closing their ramps. Idiots will crowd the ramp and it will be shut down. Please go to the flint. Much less crowded :smt006
That's a great idea! The Shoal Bass should be biting pretty good right now, and best part...no crowds. I think I might have to drive north instead of south!
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

procraftwes wrote: Alot of this stuff could simply be fixed by one patrol boat up each river with a megaphone breaking people up where needed. I can 90% of people were doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Or by say.... staying home?

Its not hard. What is hard – is if this drags out for months and months because folks dont.
John Barron Fishing Charters
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
Keep EVERYTHING you catch. No questions Asked.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

It was my understanding that the senator from GA was quarantining himself there. He should have stayed at home. He had to have stopped to pee somewhere... With no symptoms myself and being able to drive to my place there without stopping to pee, I should be ok. However, I would have to buy some gas to put in boat and truck before leaving. I would take same precautions that I take here. However, I think I'm staying put. The crappie are biting on Lake Blackshear.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey Redbelly, how about the white bass?
Semper Fi
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

World has gone crazy over this virus. Crossing a state line is no different that a Florida resident driving the same distance to go fishing. Myself, I've been practicing the distancing, washing, spraying and such for several weeks.

I own a place on the water and I don't leave it when I"m there other than to launch my boat and do some real social distancing on the water.

There are a lot of Florida tags in my county where people are coming to shop. I haven't shamed any of them.

Funny, I saw where a guy said he had washed his hands and sanitized so much that he cleaned the toilet when he peed. Common sense, social distancing and washing of hands is the answer, not blocking state lines.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Red Beard

Are we allowed to fish?

Post by Red Beard »

..Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

All this is about not spreading the virus. However its obvious that some have their own agenda while others, like always , want to make it a Ga/ Fla thing. Although from Ga I have work going on in Fla. The way I travel im not even sure where the Ga/Fla line is. The lines aren't the problem. Its people who don't use common sense.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Red Beard wrote:..Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got one for you, but this is a family friendly site. :hammer:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bead

Post by bead »

Seen many boats coming through Monticello this morning heading towards the coast. As much as I'd like to head down there...staying home is my choice.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Red Beard, For what its worth I own in Florida and have since before you were born. I pay plenty of taxes to support whatever they choose to spend our tax money on. Not sure what you meant by your last comment but if your scared to post it I can be PM'ed You seem to be coming across as a real smart arse. Kind of unusual for somebody who just joined the forum. Hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell. See you on the water :lol:
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!