Are we allowed to fish?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LuckySOB
Site Sponsor

Are we allowed to fish?

Post by LuckySOB »

With the Stay At Home order in effect, are we allowed to go fishing in the Gulf?
No matter what, it's a good day.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Are we allowed to fish?

Post by procraftwes »

It appears so.

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Florid ... 86471.html
The order lists the following as essential activities:

Attending religious services
Participating in recreational activities such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming (consistent with social distancing guidelines)
Taking care of pets
Caring for or otherwise assisting a loved one or friend
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

Seems Florida understands fishing is essential just hope GA follows suit so I'm not pulled over on that 10 miles stretch to the line while hauling boat.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

https://youtu.be/ckVPDIpoXnM

Salt Strong just posted a video on YouTube explaining everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LuckySOB
Site Sponsor

Post by LuckySOB »

Thanks guys. I guess the next issue is can myself being in GA, come to the coast to fish.
No matter what, it's a good day.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

LuckySOB wrote:Thanks guys. I guess the next issue is can myself being in GA, come to the coast to fish.
The governor in his announcement of the order stated that Florida could not legally stop any US citizen from coming to the state of Florida.

From what I hear, after the State Senator from Georgia who had recovered from the virus went to his own house at St George's Island, the people and the sheriff freaked out. I understand that he has gone home now.

So, you might get hassled and I advise that you had better be legal in everything you do.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
STMU

Post by STMU »

LuckySOB wrote:With the Stay At Home order in effect, are we allowed to go fishing in the Gulf?
Here is the Executive Order...see page 4

http://www.pcbgov.com/home/showdocument?id=15401
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

taylor county run ramps used with ramp stickers will be closed as of midnight tonight.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That will make ramps more crowded here. Be smart folks, or we will be next
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Are we allowed to fish?

Post by Red Beard »

LuckySOB wrote:Thanks guys. I guess the next issue is can myself being in GA, come to the coast to fish.
This whole thread is about the stay at home order in response to the virus. And your reply is a debate of crossing state lines to fish.

The ones traveling around during this pandemic are the same people who would get bit by a zombie and try to play it off .

As Randy Moss once said.... C’mon Man!!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Logic
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

Or, you could --- this is crazy so stick with me --- stay the F home so we can get thru this before summer time? Just an idea.
John Barron Fishing Charters
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
Keep EVERYTHING you catch. No questions Asked.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Listen, ain't one of y'all could love being on the Gulf more than I do, but don't do it. Especially if your crossing state lines.
Look at it this way, many of you here pride ourselves in your "catch and release" stand. Well my brothers, here is a good chance to expand that. Think of all the fish that will be spared during the time we are sheltering in place.
Just the fish that will get a "stay" from me should restock Yates Creek considerably.
Semper Fi
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

John-Baron-9 wrote:Or, you could --- this is crazy so stick with me --- stay the F home so we can get thru this before summer time? Just an idea.
Whats the problem with going fishing I dont get it?

My boat is in a slip(also have one in dry storage). Drive to boat, and go fishing. Probably don't wanna stop for bait, ice and whatnot but there's ice machine and I have plenty of hand sanitizer.

I don't like to do other outdoor activities and if I stay inside for a month i'm going to kill myself or someone else(JK but you get it). How about FWC get out there and police the public instead of shutting everything down.

6' distancing, 50' anchored and no more than 10 people(10 is way too much IMO).

We'll see how you feel in 30 days and based on that opinion I bet you're still working because trust me when I tell you being stuck at home is no picnic.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Wes, please go fishing! Lord knows we have enough folks dying. Don't need any more. Especially from self infliction.
BTW, been "stuck at home since 2005 when I retired. Have nightmares about going back to work. Best life a fisherman could have.
Semper Fi
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

CSMarine wrote:Wes, please go fishing! Lord knows we have enough folks dying. Don't need any more. Especially from self infliction.
BTW, been "stuck at home since 2005 when I retired. Have nightmares about going back to work. Best life a fisherman could have.
I was clearly kidding.