Aucilla 6/17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 6/17

Post by onefishtwofish »

Wow. Called for a low at 7:30, but the river was never really low at all. Had engine trouble and could not do more than idle, but we wanted to go anyway and went on out.

Fished around, water was dark. Worked for the few we caught. One red on jig (21"), one on Cajun thunder by my great nephew. Was about 22" but gave him a great fight. I managed one trout on topwater. Had some short strikes, but only one that took the bait. Slow day but we brought home some for dinner. No trout though! Mine was a keeper and I wanted to lemon pepper a trout. I looked back in time to see my G nephew fooling around in the livewell. He picked the trout up with 2 hands and it flipped just perfect, he of course dropped it and it flopped right out of the boat! We picked on him the rest of the day. I did tell him if he would catch me a keeper, we would stop. :smt005 He never could catch one. His Pappy told him the whole way home he had to give me his Red, but I, of course, let him keep it. He took it pretty well, he loves fishing with the men folk.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?