St Marks 6/19: An early father's day present

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

St Marks 6/19: An early father's day present

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

For father's day this year I took my dad flats fishing at St Marks, to give you an idea how long it's been since he's been inshore fishing seriously, Black Sea bass had no limit. We left bright and and early at 5 to head to the lighthouse with a great weather report since he has issues with vertigo and I wanted it smooth. It was perfect, not glass, just enough chop to excite the fish into biting. The first stop in the rock garden was promising with 3 straight blowups on my poppa mullet and one trout that was painfully close to 15. A change of pace for the day was the fact that we got into a school of puffers in the mouth of a creek behind sundowner rock and they had lockjaw, we only caught one puffer all day. It didn't matter though we ended up with 9 keepers with the biggest 18.5in and had a great time. The fish seemed to be pretty spooky and all of the keepers came from between 3.5 to 4.5 on the ole trout tricks in sexy mullet and fried chicken. Number 10 eluded us for the day with our last two trout falling just short of 15. Fun day with pops and I got to break in my new edge rod as well.

Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks 6/19: An early father's day present

Post by Juan »

Nice! Not a bad bunch of fish and making memories is what it's all about, :thumbup:

I didn't know trout ate catalpa worms. :-D
btw: What model Sea Pro is that?
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Juan wrote:Nice! Not a bad bunch of fish and making memories is what it's all about, :thumbup:

I didn't know trout ate catalpa worms. :-D
btw: What model Sea Pro is that?
C'mon on man don't give away all my secrets :-D , a friend of mine saw that picture and accused me of fishing with a wacky rigged watermelon seed trick worm. It's a seapro 175fs, their weird saltwater fish and ski
geofish

Post by geofish »

Nice! Cherish those times with your dad. Speaking as a dad with grown kids, I know he'll cherish the memory of this day!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

geofish wrote:Nice! Cherish those times with your dad. Speaking as a dad with grown kids, I know he'll cherish the memory of this day!
I did and I know he will, he sent me a message on Facebook to let me know that after 6hrs on the CPAP machine he was ready to go again and wants to do a two day trip next time.