ANYBODY Scalloped Out of Econfina This Summer?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

ANYBODY Scalloped Out of Econfina This Summer?

Post by big bend gyrene »

Got an old Marine Corps buddy coming down from South Carolina this week, and going to do my best to put him on as many adventures as possible -- likely including a scalloping trip.

Know folks have had fair luck out of St. Marks, but curious if anyone has had ANY luck out of Ecky?

I'm not asking with hopes of wiping the area clean. Likely be the only scalloping effort I make this year, and I just want to be optimistic he'll at least see a few... that is if waters aren't TOO dark from rains we've had past couple of weeks. Not even asking for spots, as have my own that have done ok in past AS LONG as ANY were to be found at all out of Ecky.

MUCH appreciate feedback if anyone on the board tried scalloping out of Econfina at all this year. Wouldn't even ask if I was going alone. Only ask, again, in hopes can show Marine Corps bud a good time. :beer: :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
flatsbroke22

Re: ANYBODY Scalloped Out of Econfina This Summer?

Post by flatsbroke22 »

No info on ecky but with all the rain I would expect them to be DEEP if you can see them at all. They have been deep in Keaton even before the rains. I now have an ear infection from my last trip so I’m done with them. :oops:
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Pm sent
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

i don't scallop , but the people that go out of eco go over to St Marks around the rock garden and have been doing good
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

They have been picked over around Grey Mare. I was seeing more further south east two weeks ago in about 6' of water at low tide. It's about the same distance from the lighthouse as it is from the Econfina river entrance.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

i haven't this year but I will say my two BEST trips were at Econfina. I remember telling Joann who use to work at the store there (been some years) about our success and she begged us not to tell anyone about it. said she didn't want a overwhelming amount of people coming. Secret is out I guess. hope that Devil Dog has a good time!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Picked over around Grey Mare....how can that be. lol

Obviously....... I'm no fan of 200 boat loads of scallopers between me and the boat ramp. :smt011
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

rockyg wrote:Picked over around Grey Mare....how can that be. lol
Obviously....... I'm no fan of 200 boat loads of scallopers between me and the boat ramp. :smt011
They were fairly plentiful earlier in the year, but didn't see 2 or 3 at the time. South east in deeper water I found 4 at one time. I've never been much further east looking for scallops so I didn't think of going further.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

waters way to dark around ecky for scalloping.i went a few times out of there and found some between aucilla and st marks before all the rain lately.