St. Marks 9-19-20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

St. Marks 9-19-20

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Some days you just have to go, and Saturday was one of those days. 2 of my favorite fishing buddies (son-in-law and grandson) came in town and wanted to try the flats, so we loaded the skiff and took off. The parking lot at the light house wasn't too full, so that was good. The wind wasn't blowing too bad, yet. But, the boat canal was almost dry (very low tide). We tried the flats east of the light house till the water came up enough to get to the back of coves and creeks. Pick up one keeper trout on the drifts (yea, just 1). Tried all the nearby nooks and crannies to see if red might be home, but nobody there. Caught some bait and tried that, zip. Did pick up one more trout in front of the light house on our way back to the ramp. So, the conditions were rough, the fish were not home but we enjoyed each others company and got home safe. Water temps were 76-80 almost everywhere, the tide was pouring in most of the time (11:00 - 4:00), the water was full of grass and highly stained, and the wind got up big time by 4:00. Maybe the water will clear up soon and the fish will come back, cause the air temp was real nice. Y'all go get and report back.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 9-19-20

Post by Juan »

Great report! You did good considering the conditions following all the rain. :thumbup: I haven't decided which day yet but I'll be going this week and with all the fresh water in the bay I don't expect to get a bite but that's why I call it therapy instead of fishing. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/