Keaton Beach 9/19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 9/19

Post by ugadawg »

We decided to try out Keaton yesterday even though the forecast said it was going to be super windy. The wind was there, but the chop wasn't so it turned out to be a good fishable day. As hot as it has been, expected the fish to be out deep, but we were greeted to clear, 77 degree water as we left the ramp. With the wind blowing out hard, we started in 4.5 with a plan to fish out to about 8. Picked up a just under the slot redfish and a slot trout pretty quickly, and the bite died once we got around 6 ft. Did several drifts and honed in on them around 3.5-4 ft. Too much grass to fish much anything other than a popping cork. Took us about 4 hours to finish out our limit. Who knows what the next few weeks will bring with the weather, but the fish seems to be getting into their fall pattern.
fish.jpg
Pirate

Re: Keaton Beach 9/19

Post by Pirate »

Good catch. I know im ready
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice box of fish, thanks for the report. Glad it wasn’t too bad, I didn’t even consider going
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

We fished sat too and kept about 8 all on topwater .we threw a bunch of shorts back and some just a hair over 15 inches.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

Yall must have been in a bit shallower than us because there was no way we could throw anything topwater with the grass as thick as it was.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Updawg we fished probably around 2 to 4 foot mostly. We stayed in close most the morning and we lost a pile of fish.the best bite I've had on topwater in awhile just no real big bites.