Last Day SGI

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Last Day SGI

Post by pastorterry »

Had to look for a place out of the wind today. Wound up @ Apalachicola. Found a lot of trout. Most were short but is was good to be able to catch a lot of fish! It has been a great week on the Forgotten Coast. Some observations from the week. Z-Man baits out perform Gulp 10-1. Pro Cure Scent works well. Reds like Aqua Dream spoons, a lot, especially Mt. Dew color! Have to leave tomorrow (kicking and screaming) I hope it will not be as long before we get back down!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Last Day SGI

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

:thumbup:

Zman is the way, I really need to take the boat to sgi and the cape instead of surf fishing
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Glad you finished up strong. I had a short trip to Lanark on Thursday and went back again Friday to face the gale. Very slow over there for trout, but the Spanish pods are numerous. Water is clearing some but still has a reddish/orange tint.

Zman uses Pro Cure scents in their lures. You can also buy bottles of the scent to add to other brands, including hard baits. It is actually ground-up bait (shrimp, mullet, crab, etc.) and stays on a lure for several casts before another squirt is needed.

Shields Marina in St. Marks carries it and I believe Kevin's does as well. Good stuff, especially when a little smell can even the odds in difficult conditions. :thumbup:

I used the chartreuse ADL spoons a lot when I was guiding out of Lanark. The watermelon works well, too. The pink ones are good when the water is stained like it is now, but it's never a bad idea to tie on a gold one.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat