Late report for Sunday October 25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mckayaker

Late report for Sunday October 25

Post by Mckayaker »

Got out late morning. Fished Oyster bar on the falling tide until we had to head the Key West deeper fir some flats drifting east of the lighthouse. Water was dark and got very little action even with live shrimp and pin fish. 1 14 inch trout on the drift. However the oyster bar did yield one 21 inch redfish. It was the biggest fish my adult daughter has caught. And it was delicious. Amazing how one quality fish can make a day spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mckayaker

Re: Late report for Sunday October 25

Post by Mckayaker »

geofish

Post by geofish »

We did almost the same yesterday. Went out with my son (home visiting on leave from Air Force) around 1 pm, caught one 19 inch redfish on a live pinfish at the long bar, then drifted the flats to catch only one short trout. Tough fishing, but a great day for a dad who loves fishing with his son. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Mckayaker

Post by Mckayaker »

Sounds the same to me. One redfish to make family fishing great!

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the reports. Glad y'all had fun on the water with your families. This October has been one of the worse in recent memory, thanks to hot, dirty water and incessant wind. Hopefully this welcome cold snap will stick around and we'll get back to normal on the water. And oh yeah, it's also the time for hunters to head to the woods/blinds to reduce the boat congestion.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
TheReelPapaSquat

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

My son is coming home on leave from the navy the 21st of the month. He's my fishing and hiking buddy. Can't wait.