St mark's 10/31

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

St mark's 10/31

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The moon should have told me how the day was gonna go, after I criticized people for working on their boats at the ramp while we were in line, turns out we had to do some tinkering ourselves to bypass a bad temperature sensor or else run 7 miles at 7mph. Still a fun quick trip with strange water conditions and a few solid fish and a nice meal at posey's to end the day. The water clarity was rough, the floating grass was bad, and the tide seemed to be lower than 0.1. The water clarity seems to be better around steinhatchee and I kind of wish we had driven the extra 30 mins. We caught no short fish, apparently the shorts were having around the west side of apalachee bay. We found some slightly clearer water around sundowner rock but no fish, all the fish came from 5ft in the chocolate milk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: St mark's 10/31

Post by Juan »

Nice report. :thumbup:
The flag must have attracted them.
I caught a couple under this boat the other day. :-D
20200923_071528.jpg
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you have gotten a new boat. Just guessing but from other pics you have posted in the past this appears to be a different one.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Looks like the trump face may work better than our flag, no new boat, I'm working on mine with wiring issues, so we borrowed a boat. I have to get my employment situation straightened out so hopefully a new boat is in the way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Is the flag still flying on top of a rock over by the scallop grounds east of St Mark's? I'm don't know the name of the rock. Saw it Labor day weekend and have a pic on my phone but am inept at posting it here.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

slow motion wrote:Is the flag still flying on top of a rock over by the scallop grounds east of St Mark's? I'm don't know the name of the rock. Saw it Labor day weekend and have a pic on my phone but am inept at posting it here.
I didn't make it that far east, I have seen a picture of it a couple of weeks ago.