Econfina 12/11

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Econfina 12/11

Post by ugadawg »

With the negative tide this morning, I decided to take my canoe down to Econfina to see what the river looked like with no water. I saw all the rocks that I knew about and found a whole bunch of new ones. I paddled down toward the mouth and started fishing. It was slow at first, but one the water started moving the bite was on. I caught my limit in 12 casts. I probably ended up catching around 40 keepers. By the time the water got high enough from most people to launch and run the river, the bite was mostly over.
icky.jpg
fish2.jpg
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 12/11

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nicely done! Good to hear they are in the river now. Any particular bait work best?
Yours in the South
geofish

Post by geofish »

Nice canoe! Did you build that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

geofish wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:55 pm Nice canoe! Did you build that?

X2
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I did build it!

As for the bait...there is a particular gold colored mirrodine that is only made for Big Rock Sports and the only place I can find them is at Larry's in Moultrie. They are super hard to find and not even listed on Mirrolures website. I found them (for the first time in at least 6 months) this week and bought every single one they had in stock.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Cool, I built one too & enjoyed the woodworking as much as the canoeing. Haven't tried it on the rivers yet, just lakes.
As for bait, yesterday the trout were schooled up in the St Marks and in a feeding frenzy about 2 pm. You could catch them on almost anything, but a gray thick Gulp minnow on a chartreuse jig head caught one on every cast. Mostly 13-14 inchers in the school, but a few bigger ones.

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow nice boat, and man what a great idea to do in a canoe this time of year. Never really thought of doing that but would love to get out and do that, need to let my shoulder heal up a lil before I grab a paddle tho. Some nice quality fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk