St. Marks 12/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/13

Post by dombern34 »

my buddy called Saturday night seeing if I wanted to go fishing the next morning. doesn't take much twisting of the arm to get me to say yes lol. we get down to the fort launched and ready to go by 9am. super foggy so we ease down the river some and pull up between all the other boats along the sides and start fishing. didn't take long before we had the first keeper. (2nd, or 3rd cast) we had a 3 man limit really quickly fishing the bars around the mouth. caught a few short reds as well. bite died down and we were actually headed back in around 12:30.. our plans was to Duck hunt that evening but on the way back in this particular bend in the river had boats stacked up like scallop season! we followed suit but kept our distance (Covid reasons :wink:) we spot locked on an open area and it was literally one cast after another off and on for the next 4 hours. we never made it to the Duck hole that evening lol. looked like everyone around us was catching them as well which was awesome, kids were yelling from all over with excitement. we released everything that day but kept a ton of memories! :)

all fish were caught on Southern Custom Rods :-D
kenfly

Re: St. Marks 12/13

Post by kenfly »

Awesome!! Fun to catch one almost every cast, I know my kids like it, lol, Sounds like they are stacked in the rivers right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TOWM

Post by TOWM »

Those excited kids were probably in my boat. I had 5 with me on Sunday, and they were hyper at times! Impossible to keep them quiet.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome report. Sounds like a lot of fun. What were you fishing with? thanks
geofish

Post by geofish »

I was there too. They were hitting everything from shrimp to cut mullet to gulp shrimp, but my "catch 'em on every cast " bait was a fat grey gulp minnow on a chartreuse jig head.
Might be different tomorrow, but on that day they were hangry

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Ya'll catch any sand trout?
geofish

Post by geofish »

Caught some a few weeks ago at the mouth of the Ochlockonee, but none recently at St Marks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

yes it was certainly a great day. we were using a z-man shrimp on a jig head. we couldn't keep them off the hook it seemed like.