St. Marks 1/29

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 1/29

Post by ugadawg »

Went down to St. Marks today and fished from the fort to the lighthouse. Fishing was slow, slow, slow. Ended up with one 15.5 in trout. After high tide, we decided to go up by the power plant, as I can usually catch short mangrove snapper up there this time of year. Once I got to my mangrove hole, I found a few sheepshead and short redfish mixed in with the mangrove snappers, so I was able to salvage the day with enough for dinner. I'm not sure where the trout are right now, but I know where they aren't!
IMG-3756.jpg
TOWM

Re: St. Marks 1/29

Post by TOWM »

My intuition not to take the boat out finally paid off! Glad you found a couple for dinner.
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Thanks for the post Dawg. It's hard to post when you don't fill the boat, but it sure is appreciated when someone takes the time to let us know were they aren't. I was going to try somewhere this week and now I know to either go south or west. You'll get em next time.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Come fish the tournament next weekend. I’m sure several members will be on nice fish. Pretty open crowd usually.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I usually don't have trouble finding fish in the winter here. I think it was a combination of the full moon, piles of freshwater from recent rain, and the cold front rolling in after days of warm weather. Any of those can throw off the bite. I usually don't post when we aren't on the fish, but fishing reports are hard to come by here these days, so I'm gonna post every trip.