Inshore: Bahamas

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Inshore: Bahamas

Post by Srbenda »

Since it's a chilly February ( everywhere ) I thought I'd share a few photos from a trip to the Bahamas from December.

As usual, we visited the island of Eleuthera, located in the Central Bahamas, and about 70nm east of Nassau.
With the exception of one day, all of the fishing was from the shore, which isn't ideal, but what you can catch from the shore is much better than what you can catch in the Big Bend from the shore...

Nassau Grouper

Reeling in a mutton snapper, these are incredibly strong fish, and a delicious meal.

a small strawberry grouper

A juvenile mutton

the ever-present houndfish/ needlefish
All photos copyright @saverymill
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Inshore: Bahamas

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Fun times, I have been wanting to make a trip to Eleuthera
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

looks great. Do you guys have a place there or do you rent?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

We rent-

We looked at quite a few places for sale this past trip, but the prices were quite optimistic. We're likely to build something in the future, and that way we'll be confident in it's ability to withstand storms. Deltec has a nice kit that is very energy efficient, and very storm-resistant.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good to see your post, SrBenda! Getting tired of ice fishing at home? :wink:

Never a dull moment in the Bahamas, even from shore. You could catch a different species on every cast.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

silverking wrote:Good to see your post, SrBenda! Getting tired of ice fishing at home? :wink:

Never a dull moment in the Bahamas, even from shore. You could catch a different species on every cast.
Freshwater is just awful. There's no replacement for the salt.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk