St. Marks April 26 report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mckayaker

St. Marks April 26 report

Post by Mckayaker »

It ended up being a beautiful day on the flats once the wind laid down. We got out mid morning. We tried around some oyster bars with nary a bite, and then headed out to the flats. With no live shrimp available I sabikied up some pin fish using chunks of spent gulp. The action was incredibly slow, but we were able to manage two 16 inch trout and one 19 inches. Very little trash fish action as we only caught one puffer and one lady fish in addition to the trout. Did have a mackerel that cut the line and what must have been a decent shark that stripped off most of the braid before cutting the line. Not a single short. But still a great day as the boat had not touched water since March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ropeman

Re: St. Marks April 26 report

Post by ropeman »

We went out yesterday around 11:30 and it was much smoother than I expected. Ran all the way from the Lighthouse to Spring Creek exploring and fishing. Only a few catfish wanted to bite the hook.
PhishingNole

Re: St. Marks April 26 report

Post by PhishingNole »

We got on the water around 8:30 and went east from the river. Caught a bunch of shorts and a few keeper trout along with some ladyfish.

Wind was cranking in the morning, but man did it turn into a beautiful day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk