May 2021 Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry New Smyrna Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CaptMikeSavedow

May 2021 Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry New Smyrna Beach

Post by CaptMikeSavedow »

Summer 2021 is arriving on the water here in East Central Florida, water temperatures have risen into the mid 70’s, summer baitfish like mullet are arriving, warm water fish species starting to be caught, morning surface activity with gamefish hitting bait and shrimp early morning making for fun sight catching, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish and Bluefish can be instantly hooked after casting into the white water attacks. With summer’s warmer weather, earlier morning starts are best with fish feeding at sunrise and usually slowing down during middle day.
Black Drum are one of our usual target fish in the backcountry here at Mosquito Lagoon and New Smyrna Beach, found on the bottom of deeper channels and holes looking for shrimp and crabs, also a few Redfish, Seatrout, and Snook will pick up our baits. Repeat father and daughter clients from Atlanta were out with me again recently on a good catching trip, young Kiya caught several good fish, including this great size Redfish we did a Photo and Release ………………

……….we also got a few good Black Drum, dad Sam with one of them before it’s release for future breeding and catching …………………

Another long time repeat client Ralph from New Smyrna out with his son who was visiting from up north caught some good ones like this fun Redfish …………..

………..and also an unusual catch for these waters, Ralph with a hard fighting Permit ……………

Benito from Orlando, also a long time regular with me caught a very nice Black Drum ……………...

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com
Red Beard

Re: May 2021 Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry New Smyrna Beach

Post by Red Beard »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk