St. Mark’s 5/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DadSquatch

St. Mark’s 5/15

Post by DadSquatch »

A buddy and I drove from Atlanta to the St. Mark’s Lighthouse where we put in. That is a beautiful park and everyone we met at the dock and at the pay station was very nice and very helpful.

We hit the water around 8:00. We went to marker 10 and headed east. We were fishing a gulp under a popping cork in about 3.5 to 5 feet of water. We caught most of our fish in about 4.5 feet of water.

Since this was my first time out, we pushed to the west of the channel and that was a bust.

The wind picked up through out the day and my little boat was drifting at about 2 mph.

Caught about 10-15 small trout, 2 puffers, 2 lady fish, and a very very small sea bass. The biggest fish was right at 15. To close to the line for me to keep.

Any pointers on finding the bigger fish would be great. We did not venture past Minnie cove.

Overall, 10 hours of driving for 6 hours of fishing was well worth it.