St Marks 5 22,-23-24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

St Marks 5 22,-23-24

Post by BeeeReady »

Fished Friday after work and all day Saturday and Sunday. It was windy all 3 days with weird times that it died down for 20 or 30 minutes then picked up again. Water clarity was about a C to C+ and the seagrass doesn't look too great for mid May in my opinion. The bite was so so Friday and it was tough to find fish landing 3 tout at about 16 inches each and a lady fish. Saturday and Sunday were far better as I caught many trout and about 10 reds. Sunday was even better. The largest reds were just at 29 and 27 and the largest trout was 22 .I wanted to try for a cobia but the wind was just too much. I didn't see many pinish around I guess cause the grass looks so shabby but anyway my 3 day total was about 25 reds, a lot of trout maybe 40..lots of lady fish and a few jack crevalle. I fished east, as far a cow creek with mirrolures yo-zuris and soft plastics. Bars, potholes rockgrass alll held good fish All fish were released to fight again someday.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks 5 22,-23-24

Post by Juan »

Great report.! Sounds like an awesome trip but you got your days wrong.. Today is Monday the 24th. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice report! , the winds have been tricky lately for sure, at least you caught a lot of fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Great report. Sounds like a good time.
The Back Porch