2021 Scallops

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mckayaker

Re: 2021 Scallops

Post by Mckayaker »

Went out St. Marks today and got around a hundred scallops with two snorkelers. However they were so small that It was only a half cup of meat. And I threw back a couple dozen little ones as well. Should have thrown them all back and got them again in August. When they are this small all the fun is in the catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mckayaker

Post by Mckayaker »

My buddy and I were out scalloping the weekend before last. Had dive flag up. Couldn’t spot my buddy so I climbed back into the boat. As soon as I spotted him I was chef two boats pass within 20 feet of him well within 300 ft from the boat Both were off plane but making way well above idle. We were a least half a mile from the nearest anchored boat so they had plenty of space to avoid our 300 ft scallop area. I’m going to bring floating flags to mark off our space from now on. Be careful and courteous out there!

Mckayaker

Post by Mckayaker »

Watched. I hate spell check.

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Mckayaker wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:37 am My buddy and I were out scalloping the weekend before last. Had dive flag up. Couldn’t spot my buddy so I climbed back into the boat. As soon as I spotted him I was chef two boats pass within 20 feet of him well within 300 ft from the boat Both were off plane but making way well above idle. We were a least half a mile from the nearest anchored boat so they had plenty of space to avoid our 300 ft scallop area. I’m going to bring floating flags to mark off our space from now on. Be careful and courteous out there!

If i'm going to venture away from the boat i'd take a floating flag.

I think there's plenty of "boaters" out there who have no idea what they mean but fell like the floating flags are obvious.