St mark's 7/10-fishing during scallop season

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

St mark's 7/10-fishing during scallop season

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

So I got a strange hankering to go catch some seabass after hearing they were fairly shallow after the storm. So we decided to take a quick day trip to St Marks Saturday and brave the scallopers. It was beautiful heading out, nice and calm

The bites came quickly at the first stop

Then the tax man showed

So then we moved and the day went downhill from there for me, I think my hat ran out of luck

But we had a good time and Bobby got to catch a ton of seabass and going to 10ft didn't pick up for me. In fact I lost a nice Spanish on a live pin fish and a decent cobia on a pinfish so I'm definitely sure my hats luck was gone. But it was an awesome way to spend a Saturday.

We still managed a couple keeper seabass, a decent Spanish, a decent trout, and an ole hardheaded Gato with Bobby catching the biggest puffer I've ever seen that I wish we had taken pictures of because I planned on filets from it and it got chunked cause he thought I was playing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

leonreno

Re: St mark's 7/10-fishing during scallop season

Post by leonreno »

Nice report, I guess it’s time for a new hat?
doomtrpr_z71

Re: St mark's 7/10-fishing during scallop season

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

leonreno wrote:Nice report, I guess it’s time for a new hat?
Yep it definitely isImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk